Media Contact: David O'Neill
Prairie Home Productions
November 15, 2010
A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION BACK HOME IN ST. PAUL
FOR FIVE WINTER SHOWS
Tickets go on sale Tuesday November 16 for five fun-filled broadcasts from the Fitz!
(ST. PAUL, Minn.) There's no place like home base, and for A Prairie Home Companion, that's the historic Fitzgerald Theater in downtown St. Paul.
After taking the show on the road for a couple of months, Garrison Keillor and the cast and crew return home for five Saturday broadcasts from the Fitz: January 8, 15, 22, 29, and February 5, 2011. The shows begin at 4:45 p.m. CT.
Actress Sue Scott, Tim Russell (the man of many voices), and sound-effects wizard Tom Keith will be on hand, along with the Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, led by pianist Richard Dworsky. As always, there will be a variety of special guests from near and far; we'll hear from Guy Noir, Private Eye; the Cowboys, Dusty and Lefty; the folks from Rhubarb, Catchup and P.O.E.M (Professional Organization of English Majors); and everyone will catch up on all the latest news from Lake Wobegon during Keillor's signature monologue.
Tickets go on sale at noon on Tuesday, November 16, available through Ticketmaster or in person at the Fitzgerald Theater. Minnesota Public Radio members may also order tickets by phone at 651.290.1200.
A Prairie Home Companion is heard on close to 600 public radio stations across the U.S., with a weekly audience that tops 4 million listeners. The program can also be heard on the Armed Forces Network Europe, the Far East Network, and in dozens of European cities via the Astra satellite network.
Garrison Keillor is the recipient of Grammy, ACE, and George Foster Peabody awards, and he has been inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters. His many books include Lake Wobegon Days, The Book of Guys, 77 Love Sonnets, Pilgrims: A Wobegon Romance, and A Christmas Blizzard.
A Prairie Home Companion is produced by Prairie Home Productions and presented by American Public Media. The show is sponsored nationally by General Mills, Inc. and by Ford. Audio clips, scripts and more information on A Prairie Home Companion can be found online at www.prairiehome.org.
- WHAT: A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor
- WHO: Garrison Keillor, with actors Tim Russell and Sue Scott, sound-effects ace Tom Keith, and the Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, led by Richard Dworsky. Plus a variety of special guests.
- WHEN: Saturdays, January 8, 15, 22, 29, and February 5, 2011, 4:45 p.m. CT.
- WHERE: The Fitzgerald Theater, 10 East Exchange St. (at Wabasha), downtown St. Paul
- TICKETS: $32, $38, $48 (Minnesota Public Radio members receive a $2 discount). Order online through Ticketmaster.com, call 800.982.2787, or visit any Ticketmaster outlet. The general public may purchase tickets in person at the Fitzgerald box office. MPR members may also order tickets by phone at 651.290.1200. A limited number of rush tickets are sold at 4:15 p.m. on day of show ($15 each, limit of two, cash only).
- TUNE IN: Tune in Saturdays to any of hundreds of public radio stations coast to coast (many rebroadcast the show on Sunday). Or listen to a live audio Web stream. Check local listings or go to www.prairiehome.org for specifics.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: go to www.prairiehome.org or contact David O'Neill at 651.999.1095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #