Media Contact: David O'Neill
Prairie Home Productions
February 19, 2007
HEY, TALENTED TWENTYSOMETHINGS! A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION IS LOOKING FOR YOU!
Performers 20 to 29 years old to join Garrison Keillor for contest on April 21st broadcast
(Saint Paul, Minn.)—Are you in your 20s and talented? A Prairie Home Companion is looking for you! In past seasons, Garrison Keillor's popular public radio show has featured contests including Talent From Towns Under Two Thousand and Talent from Twelve to Twenty. This year, performers in their 20s are invited to showcase their skills on APHC's April 21st live broadcast.
Here are the specifics:
- All entries must be submitted by performers between 20 and 29 years of age as of 4/21/07
- The contest is open to soloists and performing groups alike. Acts must be self-contained, no accompanists will be provided. All members of each act must be between 20–29 years of age as of the date of the contest (4/21/07)
- All contestants must be available to be in St Paul, Minnesota, from Thursday, April 19, 2007 through 7 p.m. CST on Saturday, April 21, 2007
- Submissions must be RECEIVED by 5 p.m. CST on March 24, 2007
- Submissions must be in audio format only, in either cassette or compact-disc format. No video submissions will be considered.
- Submissions will not be returned
- Cassette tapes or CDs can be mailed to:
PHC Talent Contest
611 Frontenac Place
St Paul, MN 55104
- Digital entries will be accepted via www.prairiehome.org
- From these submissions, finalists will be chosen to participate in the contest on Saturday, April 21
Currently in its 33rd season, A Prairie Home Companion has made Minnesota's way of life and the fictional small town of Lake Wobegon part of American popular culture. The show is heard on more than 500 public radio stations nationwide, with a weekly audience that tops 4.3 million listeners. The program can also be heard on XM Radio, the Armed Forces Network Europe, the Far East Network, and in dozens of European cities via the Astra satellite network. Garrison Keillor's signature monologue, The News From Lake Wobegon, is available via podcast/iTunes.
A Prairie Home Companion is produced by Prairie Home Productions and presented by American Public Media. The show is sponsored nationally by Toyota, the Sleep Number Bed by Select Comfort, Watkins and by Pillsbury Oven Baked Biscuits and Dinner Rolls. Audio clips, scripts and more information on A Prairie Home Companion can be found online at www.prairiehome.org.
WHAT: A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor presents this season's talent contest—for performers in their 20s
WHEN: Saturday, April 21, 2007, 4:45 p.m.
WHERE: The Fitzgerald Theater, 10 E. Exchange Street, Saint Paul, MN 55101. 651.290.1221
TICKETS: Go to www.prairiehome.org for details, or contact Ticketmaster
# # #